Storing Your Stuff?Moving? Renovating? Joining forces with someone else?It’s fair to say that there are some occasions in all of our lives where excitement and anticipation reach fever pitch.
If we’re lucky, those moments can be life-enhancing. They can be filled with joy. They can be momentous.Other times, depending on the circumstances, those moments can be fraught with stress or tinged with sadness.But, regardless of the circumstances, there comes a time in the middle of a move or a renovation when an unnerving reality begins to take hold.
Storing Your Stuff
Here at Nesta Storage, we know how stressful any move can be.Apart from the incredible volume of other things that you have to consider, you now have to figure out what you’re going to do with all of your possessions.
There is only so much room, after all. And, you may think that limited space can put an intolerable limit on what you can and cannot keep.
That scrapbook you have since you were ten years old holds a special place in your heart. And what about that bike you had when you were only learning how to cycle?
Or the corner cabinet the in-laws bought that has never been a favourite of yours?
Wait. Hang on… This could actually work out in your favour!
The good news is, the possessions that you’ve been gathering for a lifetime, do not have to be thrown away. You do not have to part with your most loved, prized possessions at all.
How to Pick the Best Storage Unit for You
Before you choose to go with a particular storage unit, there are a number of factors that you will want to take into consideration ahead of time.
1. Do Your Homework
Before you opt to put your possessions into any storage unit, you have got to make sure that you’re going to be 100% satisfied with the storage that unit you pick.
Finding the perfect storage unit is like finding a babysitter you can depend on. You wouldn’t trust the care of your children with just anyone, would you? The same goes for your most loved possessions.
Doing your homework first is a good place to start.
When you’re looking at storage units, here are some things you will definitely want to consider.
A lot of people consider location to be one of the most important factors in the decision-making process. But, often, this can actually be a costly mistake.
There is no quicker way to store your precious memories away in a sub-par storage unit, than when you choose to go with the one that is closest to your home – purely because that unit is closest to your home.
Of course, you will want a storage unit that isn’t a million miles away, but, you won’t want to compromise on quality to get one.Give yourself options and make sure that your storage unit company is a highly reputable one before you sign on the dotted line.
Previous/Current Customers and Reviews
Before you choose a storage unit, check out what other customers have had to say, not only about the storage units themselves but about the people behind the storage units.
Some important things to consider here include the following:
- What kind of testimonials are available?
- What have current and previous customers got to say?
- Is there a recurrent theme?
- What was their experience with the company like?
- Was their experience with the storage unit a positive one?
Great customer service is the lifeblood of any well-respected storage business. The reviews that previous and current customers have given will tell you a lot. Seek them out and listen to them.
2. Get in Touch – Go Online, Visit, Ask Questions
Once you have done your initial homework, it’s time to reach out to storage unit providers.The easiest and most convenient way to do this initially is by phoning or going online. Once you have contacted the storage unit providers, they will get back to you with all kinds of important information.
But, before you make a decision on a storage unit, it’s important to make sure that you do the following:
- Meet the team at the storage unit facility
- View the facility itself, as well as the range of storage units available
- Check the opening hours of the storage facility
- Receive some expert advice on storage units that fit your needs
- Be advised on price, payments, etc
- Have all of your questions answered fully and comprehensively
Your initial contact should be a pleasant experience. You should leave the storage unit feeling comfortable, satisfied, and fully informed.
3. Inspection of Storage Unit
When you visit the storage location, you’ll notice the overall cleanliness of the facility itself. Pay attention to this as it will give you a good indication of the general standards the storage unit provider holds itself to.
When you have a look at the array of the storage units on offer, don’t be afraid to inspect each one for cleanliness.But, what you really must concern yourself with here are pests.
Ask yourself the following:
- Are there signs of any pests in the unit?
- Are there any critters roaming around?
- What about any signs of droppings left by unwanted furry friends?
These are essential considerations for you because the presence of pests of any kind can be detrimental to your possessions.Cockroaches, mice, rats, etc. can inflict considerable damage to your property. If they are present in your storage unit, they will chew on your furniture, invade your boxes and destroy your memories.
As much as we don’t like to think about these ghastly pests, a good storage unit provider will.And, they will make sure that they have uniform, consistent standards set in place to ensure that your possessions are safe from any and all harm.
As well as making sure that your items are safe from rodents and pests, a good storage unit facility will put security at a premium.You absolutely don’t want your stuff to be compromised in any way.As a consequence, the storage facility you look for must have excellent security on site as standard.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions here. As a guide, a great storage facility will have the following safety precautions in place:
- 24hour, 7 days a week CCTV
- Individually alarmed rooms
- Onsite staff
- Personal access codes.
Don’t settle for anything less.
5. Size of Storage Units
Once you have determined the items you want to store, it will be time to consider the type and size of storage unit you will need. A good storage unit company will be able to provide you with help with this.
When assessing the items you want to store, some of the following factors will inform your thinking:
- Make an inventory list of any and all items you want to store
- What size are the items? It’s time to get out the measuring tape!
- How much do they weigh? It might also be time to get out the scales!
- Can some items be stacked on top of each other or will that lead to damage?
- Are some possessions too heavy to put on top of others?
- Are there any awkward shapes to consider?
- Can some items be placed inside their own containers or boxes?
- How long do you plan on storing the items? When storing some things for shorter periods of time, it can sometimes be okay to pack them closer together. For longer periods, they may need extra space
- Will you need to access some items more regularly than others? If so, these items will need to be arranged in such a way as to provide you with easy access
Essentially, what you’re trying to do when assessing your possessions, is to figure out the most efficient way to store everything away.
A great storage facility will provide a large variety of storage rooms to suit your needs – from 25 sq. ft. rooms all the way up to a 200 sq. ft. rooms. And, they will cater for large heights, of anything up to 8ft.What’s more, you should always look for a storage company that will not just work with you, but for you as well.
Your storage room should cater to your needs at any given time. If those needs change, as they often do, your room size needs will change too. A great storage unit company will always be happy to accommodate your changing needs.
More from my site
- - November 11, 2017
- Why Millennial Investing Is Trending Away From Stocks - November 1, 2017
- How Can You Use UAW Pro For Whitehat SEO? - October 2, 2017
- 7 Signs It’s Time to Outsource Medical Billing Services - September 6, 2017
- 4 Essential Household Accessories You Need to Own - August 27, 2017
- Which is the Best Cordless Weed Eater? - July 5, 2017
- How to Sell Your Extra Test Strips - June 2, 2017
- How to Automatically Post to Facebook From WordPress - May 2, 2017
- CryptoCopyright – Creative Works Copyright Protection - April 2, 2017
- How to Get Into the Oil and Gas Business - March 28, 2017